Picture

Picture
0

Quick Tip for LinkedIn: Customizing Your Website Listing

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

I just found a neat little trick in LinkedIn that I thought I’d share with you.

When you add your website(s) to your profile, you have the option to “customize” the title of the link.  I’m not sure if this was available from the beginning, as I don’t remember seeing it before.  But when I went to add this blog to my list, I saw the option for “other” and learned what you can do with it.

When you list your website(s), you have the option to choose from the following:

  • My Website
  • My Company
  • My Blog
  • My RSS Feed
  • My Portfolio
  • Other

1

Using any of the first five options, displays it on your profile page with that title.

2

But, if you choose “Other” you have the option to put in a title, therefore customizing it to suit your needs.

3

Now it will display the title you chose instead of the default (e.g., “My Website”).

4

Pretty neat!  Now head over to LinkedIn and update your profile.

P.S. I have another tip to go along with this one.  Stay tuned!

0 Responses to "Quick Tip for LinkedIn: Customizing Your Website Listing"

  © Copyright 2008~2009. All rights reserved.

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist E' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

  © Header image credit: adapted from Chor Ip.

Back to TOP